20th European Aptitude Test
Prof. M. R. GIOVAGNOLI, Director of Department of Cytopathology of the S. Andrea General Hospital, Rome, Italy and Prof. Roberto NAVONE, former Director of the U.O.A.D.U of Anatomic Pathology 1, of the ASO S. Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy, on Friday October 25th 2013, during the National SIAPEC-IAP Italian Congress of Anatomic Pathology and Cytopathology (Rome, October 26-30th 2013) will be holding the 20th Italian Edition of EFCS-QUATE Aptitude Test for Cytoscreeners in Cervico-Vaginal Cytology.
As in the past, (in Padova, Roma, Alghero, Napoli, Genova, Messina, Bari, Atri, Trieste, Torino (1993-2012), the tests shall be held in collaboration with:
– the EFCS (European Federation of Cytology Societies) and the QUATE (Committee on Quality Assurance, Training and Education, formerly named ECTPCCS-European Community Training Project for Cervical Cancer Screening) (Dr. Peter A. Smith, former Consultant Cytopathologist and Clinical Director of the Department of Pathology, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, UK; and Nick Dudding, East Pennine Cytology Training School, Leeds, U.K.).
– the SIAPEC – IAP (Italian Society of Pathology and Diagnostic Cytopathology and Italian Division of the International Academy of Pathology)
– the University of Torino and the “Centro di Prevenzione Oncologica” (CPO) from the Piedmont Region (Prof. R. Navone)
– the teaching staff of the Master “Diagnostic Cytopathology of Population Screenings” of the University of Torino (R. Navone, M.T. Benenti, Torino; M.R. Giovagnoli, E. Carico, Roma Sapienza).
The European Aptitude Tests are part of an official European collaboration for the free exchange of cytologists for the prevention of cervico-carcinoma throughout the EU and are recommended as Quality Control by the Guidelines set up by the Italian Ministry of Health (“Accordo tra il Ministro della Sanità e le Regioni e Province Autonome di Trento e Bolzano sulle linee-guida concernenti la prevenzione, la diagnostica e l’assistenza in oncologia”. Gazzetta Ufficiale n. 102, 2 maggio 2001).
- Participation in the Aptitude Test is aimed at the awarding of a European Certificate in Screening in Cervical Cytology and is reserved to a limited number of health-care workers involved in screening programmes for cervico-carcinoma and/or persons with experience in cervico-vaginal cytology.
- The maximum number of participants is twenty, the minimum is ten. Successful participants will be awarded an official certificate by EFCS-QUATE.
- The QUATE Aptitude test will be held in Rome, via Baglivi 16, on the first floor, on Friday October 25th, 2013, from 12.00 am to 5.00 pm. Both LBC and conventional cytology slides (20 places) will be used.
Requests for participation are to be sent by email, no later than 10th September, 2013 to:
Prof. Roberto Navone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment: payment is to be made, only once the request for participation has been accepted in writing, by bank draft, made out to NAVONE Roberto, via Legnano 31, 10128 Torino (Italy) IBAN code: IT 63 D030 6909 2191 0000 0063 781, BIC code: BCITITMM, Intesa Sanpaolo Bank, Ag. 18, Torino.
The entry fee is € 180,00.
Prof. Roberto Navone, Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche ed Oncologia Umana dell’Università di Torino,
via Santena 7, 10126 Torino,
tel. 0039- 011-6334784, e-mail: email@example.com;
Prof. Maria Rosaria Giovagnoli, Ospedale S. Andrea, Roma Sapienza,
tel. 0039-06-33775304, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizing Secretary: Ms. Barbara Wade, email: email@example.com